Silanes can be used to prime metals, bind biomaterial, immobilize catalysts, provide crosslinking, and improve polymer and particle dispersions. They can also enhance adhesive bonding, increase electrical properties, maximize composite strength, and increase mechanical properties. Information on what a silane coupling agent is, how to choose one, and how to apply one can be found here.
- What is a Silane Coupling Agent?
- Applying a Silane Coupling Agent
- What to Consider When Selecting a Silane Coupling Agent
- Special Topics including dipodal silanes, cyclic azasilanes, thermal stability, water-borne silanes, masked silanes, metal or difficult substrates
- Selection Chart for Silane Coupling Agents