Silanes can specifically be used for hydrophobic/hydrophilic surface modification. This information focuses on raw materials that can be used for: water repellents; anti-stiction coatings; mineral surface treatments; fillers for composites; pigment dispersants; dielectric coatings; release coatings; optical (LED) coatings; bonded phases; self-assembled monolayers (SAMs); and architectural coatings.
- Silanes and Surface Modification
- Water, Hydrophobicity, and Hydrophilicity
- Hydrophobic Silane Surface Treatments
- Hydrophilic Silane Surface Treatments
- Reacting with the Substrate
- Special Topics including dipodal silanes, combining polarity and nonpolarity, particle dispersions, biomimetic silanes, and alkylphosphonic acids
- Hydrophobic Selection Guide